Therefore, GO and make disciples of ALL nations….
Matthew 28:19

Join with us as we serve the Lord in Honduras!

every little boy likes to wrestle :)

every little boy likes to wrestle :)
We love because He first loved us.
1 John 4:19





Two of the kids at Rancho Ebenezer

Monday, May 10, 2010

Cooking

It doesn't help that I've seen "Julie and Julia" twice now. It doesn't help that I LOVE eating and LOVE food. It doesn't help that I own dozens of cookbooks and want to try out ALL of the recipes. I am in love with cooking. I want to be the best cook out there, so it makes it very hard to not be a perfect cook. We made a huge Mother's Day lunch yesterday. Everything was delicious! I made the dessert before church so that I wouldn't have to worry about it while I was making lunch. It tasted amazing, but the presentation was not what I expect of myself. I am too hard on myself in everything that I do! Nathan commented, "when you cook, you put your whole heart into it!" He is so right! That is why when things are not perfect, I am so sad! I want to be an amazing cook who thinks of her own recipes, adds that special ingredient that makes it just right, get things out of the oven at just the right time, and never messes up! Crazy I know. Since I am about to be a new wife, I know that I am going to mess up dozens of new suppers. That is going to be hard on me! I want to fill my husband with delicious food and be proud of what I cook! Cooking and baking are so fun and I really do enjoy turning little ingredients into wonderful dishes. I love following rules and seeing the end result be what the rules say it will be! Teachers loves rules, ya know:) So for now, it is summer and I won't be doing a whole lot of cooking. I need to remember that it is supposed to be fun and an adventure! SO what if it doesn't look perfect every time and SO what if it doesn't taste like a 5 star restaurant every time! Easier said than done! Now I am going to go and make my family some Swedish Pancakes for breakfast! And yes, I will do my best and put my whole heart into them:) Yum! julie_and_julia.jpg
What a great movie! I would love to cook like the French do! I would love this cookbook too! Julia Childs would have been a fun person to meet. I wonder if she was a perfectionist? Probably not:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!