Therefore, GO and make disciples of ALL nations….
Matthew 28:19

Join with us as we serve the Lord in Honduras!

every little boy likes to wrestle :)

every little boy likes to wrestle :)
We love because He first loved us.
1 John 4:19





Two of the kids at Rancho Ebenezer

Saturday, January 26, 2013

His provision



It is so easy to overlook God’s blessings. How often we do not pay attention! When things happen, we call them “coincidences, luck, or weird.” Lately, we have been opening our eyes! God is blessing us and we see it! It is easy to overlook what He is doing, but I encourage you all to start looking for the ways that God is blessing you.
When Nathan and I got married, we decided that we needed to live within our means. We did not need two cars. So we made a decision to sell one of our cars. With the money that we got from the car, we paid the car off, then put the rest in savings to go towards a future used car when we needed one. Never did we think we would be in Honduras within a few years!
Fast forward to today. We have been praying about buying a car in Honduras. Transportation to the city from the ranch is a huge ordeal. We are over an hour away, there are not a lot of vehicles to borrow, and usually the vehicles are full of kids! However, it is not a necessity right now that we have our own vehicle. But we have been praying that if it is God’s will that we purchase a vehicle, He will make that known to us. A week after we got back from the states, we found out that a missionary had decided to move back to the United States. He has been here five years and is ready for the next step in life. He did not plan on leaving. He came over to let us know that he would be leaving in February. Quite literally, God brought him to our door and said, “Want to buy my vehicle?” Ha! Of course we wanted to say, “YES” right away, but we knew we needed to pray about it. He told us the amount, and it is about $900 more than what we sold Nathan’s car for. WOW God! So we kept praying about it. Then I got an email from my mom. A very generous couple from our church decided to give us $860. Can you imagine! I love the way God works!! When we trust in Him and open our eyes, He will answer our prayers. We are still completely trusting in Him. He might say tomorrow, that we need to keep waiting. It is thankfully not up to us. I love that I can trust my daddy. He cares for us! I feel so close to Him when I recognize the little blessings he is bestowing on us.  It would have been easy to overlook these “coincidences.” But they are not just random things. God is behind even the small things. I am choosing to open my eyes. I want to recognize the smallest details that He is orchestrating. We might not always understand what He is doing. But, that is a big part of faith. Trusting in Him, listening for His voice, and letting Him take control.
Thank you God!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful encouragement for me today doll!! God truly blesses me and I must slow down to see His work! God cares about every aspect of my life - and I am so thankful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!