Therefore, GO and make disciples of ALL nations….
Matthew 28:19

Join with us as we serve the Lord in Honduras!

every little boy likes to wrestle :)

every little boy likes to wrestle :)
We love because He first loved us.
1 John 4:19





Two of the kids at Rancho Ebenezer

Friday, May 17, 2013

Trust


David
The entire ranch has been reading through Samuel and through the Psalms this month. It is awesome to be on the same reading passages, even with the kids! I have loved reading about David. What an incredible example of trust, fear of the Lord, humility, forgiveness, and obedience.
What struck me the most is how David continues to praise God in ALL circumstances. There were times when he could have completely given up. He could have let the devil take a hold of him and blame God for all of his circumstances. But even as he is being held in captivity and Saul is trying to murder him, this is what he says:
When I am afraid I will put my trust in You. In God whose word I praise. In God I have put my trust. I shall not be afraid, what can mere man do to me?  (Psalm 56:3)
…In the shadow of Your wings, I will take refuge. (Psalm 57:1)
Sometimes times are very hard. No, an evil man is not chasing me, and I am not being held prisoner somewhere, but difficult situations will always be present. There is no problem too big or too small for God to handle. All I have to do, is trust in Him! God continues to show me, “just TRUST in ME sweet daughter.”
God, when I am afraid, I will put my Trust in YOU. You are my refuge.
Thank you for caring for your children.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my wonderful and amazing Mom!!! You are the best mom in the world!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you sweet girl :) What a fun surprise to see a Happy Birthday greeting on your blog!!! I love your post - TRUST HIM!!! I love Him so much and He deserves my trust. He is faithful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing reminder! I'm reading a book on David right now my J. Vernon McGee. Really cool! I love David's faithfulness and the reminder of being "a man after Gods own heart". Psalm 23 was the first verses I remember working to memorize :) love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!