Therefore, GO and make disciples of ALL nations….
Matthew 28:19

Join with us as we serve the Lord in Honduras!

every little boy likes to wrestle :)

every little boy likes to wrestle :)
We love because He first loved us.
1 John 4:19





Two of the kids at Rancho Ebenezer

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Earth Quake

It has been a CRAZY last few weeks. On July 8th, there was a huge Earth Quake in Guatemala. Honduras felt the effects and had a 4.0 Earth Quake. Dozens of huge trees fell on the ranch and destroyed a car, the top of a building, and the power lines. This was an incredible testament to the Lord's protection over the ranch. Huge trees fell just feet away from our children's homes. God was protecting each of us and there was not any significant damage. It could have been so much worse, but God had His divine Hand over the ranch. With all of this happening, though, we lost power for a week, lost water for a day, and have not had Internet for over three weeks. So, Nathan has been really busy cleaning up the trees and getting to use a tractor and chainsaw! :) We are just so thankful for God's protection!

Summer School went great. I was really busy with all of the kids during this time, but it went well and I really loved spending a lot of extra time with the kiddos. I am now in the States! I have only been here for two days, but I am relaxing and trying my best to de-stress. I miss my sweet hubby already, but I am so thankful for a time to rest and recharge. I am looking forward to seeing you all!
Joanna




Praying over the kids and praising God for His protection!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Crazy to think about the earthquake. I love the pictures! So glad to see everyone safe! I'm glad you made it home too! Love you! REST!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!