Therefore, GO and make disciples of ALL nations….
Matthew 28:19

Join with us as we serve the Lord in Honduras!

every little boy likes to wrestle :)

every little boy likes to wrestle :)
We love because He first loved us.
1 John 4:19





Two of the kids at Rancho Ebenezer

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Weekend of memories


This Memorial Day weekend was definitely a weekend that Nathan and I will always remember! We moved all of our stuff into our new home! On Friday, I drove down to Arkadelphia to see our house and deep clean it! I wanted to clean it really good before we moved everything in. Nathan and I worked for many hours on the house. We LOVE our home! We are so blessed to have it and are very spoiled! We stopped and looked around and felt very blessed and thankful. Saturday we headed to Siloam at 7:45 am. We got there and packed everything for hours. Nathan's brother Zach was a huge help! Mom cooked us a great meal to get us re-energized. Saturday night, my Grandpa went to be with Jesus. He had been suffering for a long time and is finally free from pain. We will miss him so much and I will always cherish the sweet smiles he gave in his last few days of life.

We went to bed early and woke up at 4:30 to head back to Arkadelphia. On our way there, Zach's trailer tire blew up! It took us quite a while to get to Arkadelphia, but we made it! We only lost a few book covers and got a scratch on the fridge:) We moved all of our dusty things into our newly cleaned home in the very humid Arkadelphia sun. Of course, the fridge was too big. Zach was Mr. Fix it for us and was a life saver! The washer and dryer cord didn't fit the outlet in the house. Zach rewired everything and fixed that for us too! Nathan and I unpacked and cleaned for the rest of the night. Nathan put all of the beds together and it is finally looking like our home! We had delicious pizza for our first night together in our new place. I can't wait to move in with him and have many many wonderful nights together. I headed home on Memorial Day and was very sad to leave. I want to stay there! :) So now I am back in Siloam, I started my nanny job again and Nathan started summer school. The weekend was very tiring, exciting, sad, and definitely something we will remember forever.

Grandpa Dale and Gabi. September 2010.















Our first home:)



1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet picture of Gabi and her Great Grandpa Dale. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!