Therefore, GO and make disciples of ALL nations….
Matthew 28:19

Join with us as we serve the Lord in Honduras!

every little boy likes to wrestle :)

every little boy likes to wrestle :)
We love because He first loved us.
1 John 4:19





Two of the kids at Rancho Ebenezer

Sunday, July 22, 2012

A lot can happen in two years....

It was two years ago today that Nathan and I said “I Do.” We cannot believe what God has done in our lives over the past two years of our marriage. I am writing this post from on top of a mountain in Honduras! God has completely blessed us in so many ways. We are so grateful to be together, here, in this beautiful country serving His beautiful children. So far, we are trying to adjust to our new lives here on “the ranch.” It has not been a breeze, but we have truly felt God’s presence.

School orientation starts tomorrow, so we will be busy! Already, Nathan has started a few projects and has been playing with the kids. The kids adore Nathan. One calls him "dino dude." I am not sure why. The kids think I am super tall and think my eyes are cool. :) Ha.

I am starting to lesson plan and get my classroom together! I have met most of my students and I absolutely love them. Little David fell asleep on my lap today at church ☺ Precious. School starts July 30th! I am excited, nervous, and so ready to pour my heart out to these kids and to tell them how much Jesus loves them.

Thank you for your prayers for our flight here and for our safety in the city. We specifically want prayers for our adjustment here, that we build solid Christ like relationships, and that our every move will reflect God and his presence in our lives.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! What a wonderful desire - to build solid Christ-like relationships...and for every move to reflect God and His presence in your lives. What a blessing you are! I am praying these things and more for you. God bless you as you serve Him!!
    Hugs, ML

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We love you! I'm glad you're getting settled. Mom has kept us all updated :)Miss you guys already but I know you're about to have the BEST time EVER!!!!! "The world and it's desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever." 1 John 2:17 Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary a tad late. At this moment, you are teaching during your second day of school. I can only imagine how thrilled those little ones are to have you as their teacher. I pray that you are feeling confident and true peace. I will continually pray for your adjustment and that it will become easier and easier and that it will start to feel like home. God protect them in a mighty way! Much love, Aunt Christy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!