Therefore, GO and make disciples of ALL nations….
Matthew 28:19

Join with us as we serve the Lord in Honduras!

every little boy likes to wrestle :)

every little boy likes to wrestle :)
We love because He first loved us.
1 John 4:19





Two of the kids at Rancho Ebenezer

Friday, August 31, 2012

Comfort

“Start a fire down in my soul, that I can’t contain, that I can’t control. I want more of you God. I want more of you.”

These are words to a song that we sing sometimes on the ranch.” I want more of you God.” It is so easy to get comfortable with where we are in our spiritual walks. It is so easy to be content with “serving.” God wants so much more of me. God wants all of me, everyday, to completely surrender to Him. I am finding myself feeling content and comfortable with the work I am doing here. That is not what God desires of me. I cannot be comfortable with the little bit I give to Him. God wants an ever growing, deep relationship with me. Just being here, with a servant’s heart, with my daily devotionals in the morning is not enough. God wants me to continually seek after him with my whole heart. With every step, with every word I speak, with every thought. I crave to be in his presence. I am so blessed that he WANTS me to need more of Him! Thank you father, for desiring me, a worthless child, thank you for wanting to have a relationship with me. I desire to go deeper. I desire a deeper relationship.

I do not want to be comfortable.

1 comment:

  1. I am blessed to have a daughter like you. You are totally right - God wants a deep relationship with us. We don't deserve it, but He loves us so much. He is awesome. How wonderful to be challenged by my daughter's words and growing faith. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!